(Source: Gartner.com)For this research over 200 marketers from U.S.-based companies with more than $500 million in annual revenue, across six industries were surveyed, to understand how they are allocating their budgets and which digital marketing activities are contributing to their success. The Top 8 findings to this survey were:
1. Companies spend over 10% of revenue on marketing…and those budgets will increase over 5% in 2013.
2. Digital marketing spending averages 2.5% of company revenue…and budgets will increase 9% in 2013.
3. 70% of companies have a Chief Marketing Technologist.
4. Digital advertising accounts for 12.5% of digital marketing budgets.
5. New investments in 2013 will go toward using marketing to improve commerce experiences.
6. Up to 50% of digital marketing activities are outsourced.
7. Over 40% say corporate website, social networking and digital advertising are key to their marketing success.
8. Over 40% of digital marketers reinvest savings from using digital marketing