Amid all the digital marketing noise, did you miss out on these contents last year? The list includes survey results, blogs, videos & expert predictions.
1) BuzzSumo teamed up with Moz to analyze the shares and links of over 1m articles. They wanted to look at the correlation of shares and links, to understand the content that gets both shares and links, and to identify the formats that get relatively more shares or links. You can read their findings here
2) Sadly it’s true though. On average a user will only read 20% of the content on your page. There is one very simple reason for this slightly depressing fact… scanning. Check a couple of important facts on scanning here
3) Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn hold the top spots for future plans; marketers want to learn most about Facebook; video becoming important + more insights. Download the report here
4) Whether your goal is to inform and educate consumers, ignite fan passion and drive action, or simply delight audiences with an immersive content experience, we are sure you’ll fnd something here to inspire your inner content creator. Download the ebook here
5) Groupon posted this product on Facebook, then replied to everyone who made a sex joke. BTW it’s the company’s most popular post till day. Check the story here
6) The CDO is now a “transformer in chief,” charged with coordinating and managing comprehensive changes that address everything from updating how a company works to building out entirely new businesses. And he or she must make progress quickly. Read the 5 areas CDOs themselves must get right if their organizations are to successfully transition to digital.
7) Only 30% of B2B marketers say their organizations are effective at content marketing. 44% of B2B marketers say their organization is clear on what content marketing success or effectiveness looks like; 55% are unclear or unsure. Useful insights on B2B content marketing. Download the report here
8) More and more B2C marketers are using infographics; B2C marketers are getting better results with Facebook; Over the last year, the use of promoted posts, social ads, and search engine marketing (SEM) overtook print/other offline promotion as the paid method that B2C marketers use most frequently to distribute content. Download the B2C Content Marketing 2016: Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends here
9) This Ice-cream Pooping Unicorn Ad Has Taken The Internet By Storm. This viral video is credited with a 600 % leap in online sales and a 400 % increase in retail sales at the brand’s largest partner, Bed Bath & Beyond.
10) Download Moz’s biannual Search Engine Ranking Correlation Study and Expert Survey here
11) To get more social media engagement, you need to tailor your content to appeal to your audience on an emotional level. You’ll discover 5 psychology tips to improve engagement on your social media posts. Know the secret sauce for social media engagement.
12) Read the research based on 1 million tweets from Buffer users—about what seems to drive the most clicks, retweets, and engagement on Twitter.
13) The greatest brands make life simple. Think Google, Amazon, or even Dunkin’ Donuts. They cut through the clutter by delivering what consumers want, when they want it, without hassle. Let’s look closely at the top 10 simple brands of 2015 & how are they winning the simplicity game.
14) For the first time Google released the full version of their search quality rating guidelines. Download the guidelines here
15) It emphasizes on the Internet of Things, and smart devices talking to each other, getting smarter and more useful as they do. Through it all, the evolution of digital business is clearly at the heart of what is covered. Here is a summary of the trends.
16) The Content Marketing Institute reports that although the majority of B2B and B2C marketers have some kind of content marketing program, less than 40% find those efforts effective. Clearly, things need to improve. Read 4 places to start, based on the most common mistakes.
17) The Gartner 2015-2016 CMO Spend Survey reveals some interesting insights into the mindset of today’s marketing leaders – how marketing in a digital world is evolving, where CMOs plan to invest, and what’s drawing more of their attention going into 2016. Read the insights here
18) Humans check
19) Viral : Samsung’s safety trucks
20) Important insights into which strategies and techniques marketers should be using to rank highly in mobile search results. Read here
21) Analysis of 1m Posts. Check the insights
22) Content marketing is a field full of challenges. Creating content that provides great value to your audience what we’ve come to call 10x content is difficult enough, but content marketers also regularly encounter skeptical employers and clients, diminutive budgets, and you guessed it a noted lack of time to get it all done. This guide will help you overcome the challenge. Read now
23) In an effort to inform and refine your 2016 marketing strategies, here’re XXX key takeaways that will help you achieve your goals in the new year.
24) A collection of predictions from 16 leaders and leading thinkers in Microsoft’s Technology and Research organization.
25) Setting expectations and objectives, audience understanding, brand activation, campaign plans, finding the right prospects, social, retargeting. Learn about these stages
26) The report highlights the most significant and emerging technology, design and business developments impacting our world in 2016. Check it here
27) Read to be fully aware of how to make images that your readers can’t help but share. All backed by science.
28) “When you come to a fork in the road, take it.” Faced with hard choices, innovators find ways to transcend the tradeoffs. While their competitors make the hard choice between one or the other path, these businesses reap the benefit of both. Read the entire article here
29) Dove’s curly-haired emojis to end straight-hair dominance. Another example of emoji marketing. Check out the campaign here
30) Pre-roll ads are useless. Measurement models are outdated. The ad industry lacks diversity. And the phrase digital marketing should be dumped. PepsiCo exec Brad Jakeman has more to say
Every digital marketer needs a daily dose of digital marketing apple to stay digitally fit and healthy ( web tools + more). Our Digital Marketing Apple page just does that. We cut through all the digital marketing noise (by scanning over 1000 contents every day) and cover the day’s freshest, choicest, juiciest and not-to-miss digital marketing news, interviews, events, insights and reports.