2. Digital marketing budgets expected to increase by 8% in 2015. “Marketing budgets remained healthy in 2014, with, on average, companies spending 10.2 percent of their annual 2014 revenue on overall marketing activities, with 50 percent of companies planning an increase in 2015” – Gartner’s Digital Marketing Spending report.
3. 54% of companies surveyed will increase their marketing budgets and 40% will maintain their current spend.
2015 Marketing Trends Survey by StrongView with SENSORPRO. Download Report
4. Businesses will be investing more money in their digital arsenal: 77% will increase their spending on business intelligence, 74% on mobile technology, 71% on cloud computing and 56% on social media. Digital Megatrends 2015 written in cooperation with AT&T, Cisco, Citi and SAP. Download Here
5. Global digital revenues to reach 30% of market share in 2015; it’s expected to hit $163 billion. Digital is already at the #1 position in 14 markets including the UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, China, Sweden and the Netherlands. By Magnaglobal.
6. 37% of SMBs plan on spending more money on Internet-based marketing in 2015. According to “SMB Internet Marketing Survey 2014,” conducted by BrightLocal
7. 2014 vs 2015 Digital Ad Spend
8. Marketers are planning to spend more on social media advertising, social media marketing, social media engagement, location-based mobile tracking, mobile applications and mobile push notifications. 2015 State of Marketing by Salesforce
9. 89% of US marketers will use social marketing in 2015.
10. 10% of marketing budgets allocated to social media, according to an emarketer report in 2014. The report further noted that in the next 12 months, 13.2% of marketing budget is expected to be allocated to social media. 11. Social media continues to grow. Total number of active social media accounts has hit 2.08 billion which is 29% of world’s population. Wearesocial report.
12. 64% of marketers see social as a critical enabler of products and services. In 2014, it was only 25% marketers who thought so. 66% of marketers believe that social media marketing is core to their business. In 2015, nearly twice as many marketers categorize social as a primary revenue source vs. 2014. Marketers are exploring new channels such as Tagged and Viadeo and are seeing great success. Facebook still remains the most used social channel to interact with customers. 2015 State of Marketing by Salesforce
13. Share of US companies using social media for marketing purposes . eMarketer Report.
14. Facebook still retains the no 1 position when it comes to monthly active user accounts.
15. Share of web page views on mobile phones stands at 31%, an increase by 39% y-o-y. The share of laptops and desktops stands at 62% – a 13% decrease y-o-y.
16. Mobile’s share of web traffic is expected to hit 33.4% in 2015.
17. 44% of consumers say that they would like brands to deliver deals and coupons to their mobile devices. CMO Report. 18. Mobile’s growth is unstoppable.
19. Spending on display ads is expected to pass paid search for the first time –Display spends will increase by 21%–Paid search is expected to top out at 13%. Zenith Optimedia Report
Also, the study added – native advertising to account for 15% of agency display budgets by 2015. Study commissioned by Adyoulike that interviewed UK marketers. 21. Programmatic to represent 55% of the total display ad market by 2015. eMarketer Report.
22. Marketers will spend $4.3 billion on native advertising in 2015, a 34% increase from 2014, according to eMarketer.
23. 60% of marketers said that email is a critical enabler of products and services. In 2014 only 42% said that. 2015 State of Marketing by Salesforce.
24. In 2015, top 5 priorities for marketers to improve ROI. Study by realtimeemail. Download Here
We’ll cover the remaining stats for 2015 in the next post. Want to add something to the post? Share it with us in the comments section.