1) 98% B2B marketers say content marketing is core to their marketing strategy, according to State of B2B Content Marketing in 2015 by Regalix.
2) 70% of B2B marketers are creating more content than they did one year ago, according to the Regalix report. 3) 88% of financial services brands expect content marketing to become more important in the next 12 months. Financial Content Marketing Report: 2015 Benchmarks, Budgets & Trends.
4) 86% of B2B marketers use content marketing as part of their strategic marketing efforts, according to 2015 Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends— North America by Content Marketing Institute/ MarketingProfs
5) The same report says 35% of B2B marketers have a documented content marketing strategy. And 48% of B2B marketers have a content marketing strategy but it’s not documented. 6) 72% of marketers have a content strategy in place, as per B2B Content Marketing Report by Technology Marketing.
7) Companies with a documented content strategy are likely to be effective, according the above mentioned report.
8) Nurturing prospects and influencing purchase, generating sales & creating awareness were some of the key objectives of B2B content marketing programs, the Regalix Report says.
9) 84% of B2B marketers say brand awareness is the most important goal of their content marketing efforts, says the Content Marketing Institute/ Marketing Profs Report.
10) Lead generation is number 1 goal content marketing goal of B2B marketers followed by thought leadership and market education, according to the Technology Marketing Report.
11) Website traffic, page views, no. of leads generated are the key metrics B2B marketers consider when determining the success of the content marketing programs, as per the Regalix report.
12) 63% of B2B marketers consider website traffic as the metric to assess the success of their content marketing program, according to 2015 B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets and Trends.
13) Longform and shortform content are the most effective in terms of ROI, the Regalix Report notes. 14) Both Regalix & Content Marketing Institute/ Marketing Profs Reports note video as the most effective content marketing tactic for B2B marketers.
15) Social media is the most used tactic, as per the Content Marketing Institute Report.
16) Blogging is the most used content marketing tactic closely followed by social media posting, finds the Technology Marketing Report.
17) LinkedIn is the most important social platform for B2B marketers, as per the 2014 Social Media Marketing Industry Report.
18) 82% B2B marketers say LinkedIn is the most effective social media platform to deliver content and engage audiences, as per the Technology Marketing Report.
19) LinkedIn is the most used + the most effective channel for B2B marketers, as per the Content Marketing Institute/ Marketing Profs report
20) When it comes to tracking the ROI of content marketing programs, 64% B2B marketers term their efforts as somewhat successful, according to the Regalix Report.
21) Only 21% B2B marketers say they’re successful in tracking there ROI of their content marketing efforts.
22) According to the Technology Marketing report, only 39% marketers are successful at tracking the ROI of content marketing efforts.
23) Over 72% of B2B companies currently allocate less than a quarter of their budget to content programs, as per the Regalix Report.
However, on the positive side 61% of B2B marketers expect to see an increase in the content marketing budget in the coming year. 24) Only 16% of B2B marketers allocate 50% ( or above) of their total marketing budget to content marketing. The good news is 55% say they will increase the spending.
25) Most frequently, companies allocate about 10% of their marketing budget (excluding headcount) to content marketing, as per the Technology Marketing Report.
26) Producing engaging content is the biggest challenge for B2B marketers.
27) Lack of time/ bandwidth is another challenge that B2B marketers face, as per the Technology Marketing Report.
28) The Regalix Report also notes the lack of resources as the most common challenge that B2B marketers face.
29) 92% marketers create content internally, as per the Technology Marketing report.
30) Most often the outsourced work is of content creation.
Facing a content marketing challenge? We can help you. Get in touch with us.
CategoryBlog Digital Marketing