Why business should have Pinterest Account: Few interesting data:
- Pinterest has grown at an astronomical rate, reaching 12 million visitors per week.
- Pins with prices are re-pinned 36% more, showing that users are welcoming deals into their social experience.
- Pinterest drives more referral traffic than Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube combined.
- Referrals from Pinterest spend about 70% more than those from non-social channels.
- Referrals from Pinterest are 10% more likely to make a purchase (and will spend about 10% more) than those from another social channel.
- 47% of online customers in the US have purchased something based on a recommendation seen on Pinterest.
- 37% of marketing professionals from agencies and the client-side are currently active on Pinterest, proving the fact that it is a real drive, for big retailers especially.
Types of businesses that should explore Pinterest more:
- Recipes to Pin – Restaurants, Hotels, Motels, Food and Drink,
- Styles to Pin – Fashion, Outfits, Cloth Stores, Personal accessories, Watches, Shoes, Formal and informal wears, Gift stores etc
- Books to Pin – Book Stores, Online Book selling portals, Gifts shops etc.
- Toys to Pin – Online toy stores, Gift centers, Baby and Parenting related business.
- Inspirations to Pin – Paintings, Web design and Development services, Modified Car design and allied, Maps, Home Décor, Gardening,
- Retail Business to Pin – Hair and Beauty, Tattoos, Wedding planners, Crafts, Sports, Jewelry.
- Films and Music to pin – Related Businesses
- Events to Pin – Event organizing businesses, Wedding planners and lots more.
Benefits for business in terms of Digital Marketing Initiative:
- Get links and mentions
- Generates traffic
- Builds audience
- Builds brand association
- Promote Your Products
- Feature Your Blog Posts
- Share Videos
- Conduct Market Research
- Create a Space for Collaboration
- Expand Your Website
- Highlight your Clients
Few FAQs on Pinterest:
- Is it possible to change the Pinterest Page from a personal account to business account? Yes this is possible: https://www.pcworld.com/article/2017448/how-to-set-up-a-pinterest-busine…
- Is Pinterest Copyright Infringement? It has been found that content creators respond positively if their works are pinned, as it increases their exposure and brings traffic to their sites. However, Pinterest offers a “nopin” code that site owners can add to their sites. It is to protect their work from being shared. In the same line, Pinterest is partnered with Flickr to ensure that photos receive proper attribution or are protected from being pinned, if the owner uses.
- Is it possible to add Pinterest pin board to the wordpress blog? Yes it is possible. In fact there are several widgets available for wordpress to install Pinterest and allied stuffs: https://wpmu.org/pinterest-plugins-wordpress
- Is Pinterest available for iPad or Android? Yes, the Pinterest app is available for the iPhone, iPad and Android devices. The Pinterest app allows users to share their photo collections with other users by creating theme-based image collections. The Pinterest app is free for both the iPhone and iPad users. It requires iOS 5.0 or later. https://blog.pinterest.com/post/29392054155/introducing-pinterest-for-android-ipad-and-iphone
- How do I remove a follower from Pinterest? Click on your name in the top right corner. It will take you to your profile page. At the sidebar (on the left) below your name, 2 numbers will be displayed, like 45 followers, 52 following. Click on the one that says ‘following’. It will take you to a page showing all the people who are following you. Now it’s a lengthy process. You have to click on each person individually and click the ‘unfollow’ button on their profile page.
- Can I run contest on Pinterest? Yes you can contest on Pinterest. There are many types of contests you can run on Pinterest. The most popular are “pin it to win it,” “photo contest” and “re-pin/like contest. https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/pinterest-contest/