With Foursquare you can check into locations visited and share it. However it’s more than just checking in and sharing! Explore the usage of Foursquare below: Few interesting data/facts on Foursquare:
- Launched in 2009
- There are nearly 1,000,000 businesses on Foursquare currently
- 20 million users are there in Foursquare
- 31% mobile social media users use it
- More than 2 billion checks in, 2000 per minute
- Foursquare breaks out checkins : Old Navy, H&M, Victoria’s Secret, Bank of America, Chase, Wells Fargo, 7-Eleven and so on
- In 2010, Foursquare users checked in from every single country on Earth Unsurprisingly, North Korea was the last country to receive a check-in, though
- New York’s Penn Station saw the most check-ins of any train station worldwide, followed by Tokyo’s Shibuya and Shinjuku Stations
- Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert’s combined Rally to Restore Sanity drew the largest Foursquare checked-in crowd of the year with 30,525 check-ins
- NYC’s Terminal 5 was the most checked-into music venue of last year; it holds 3,200 people, and last year, it hosted amazing musicians like My Morning Jacket, Bob Dylan, and LCD Soundsystem
How to use Foursquare for your business:
- Claim your venue: Just like a business page on Facebook or a Twitter account, promoting your company on Foursquare starts with claiming your business’ venue. The verification process allows instant on-line verification for a fee. Once the venue is in your control, you can fill in and update all the information your customers will want to see. Add photos, details about your products or services, and the hours your business is open.
- You can create Page: A Foursquare page is much like a Twitter page; users who follow your brand on Foursquare can find information about you and see helpful tips you’ve left at other locations.
- Offer incentives: Create specials and incentives for customers who check in at their locations.
- Share relevant, helpful tips on local incidents: Share helpful information, tips on businesses and provide valuable content while promoting your brand’s name.
- Profile Integration: Your profile page can include links to your website and other social media accounts. A business with a website or blog can easily place a Foursquare link on its page and also give visitors the ability to save that site to their Foursquare account.
- Event Promotion: Reach new audiences and promote interest in your services, booth, conference or store opening.
Advantages of using Foursquare: When people checkin to your business they tend to update the same. Visitors check in to location for:
- Finding people
- Chance meetups
- Special offers and coupons
- Local tips/discovery
- People tracking
- Personal history/Diary
- When people update the checkin, your business name pops up among the network thus have indirect promotions.
- Promotional offers and discounts do have great impact on marketing in social sphere. These offers carry across the mobile and social experience, extending your brand across social graphs on Facebook and Twitter through iPhone, Android, and Blackberry phones. Local businesses like restaurants, retail stores, pubs, spa, hotels should use Foursquare.