As a content writers we have to take these points while writing the content. the way you described all the points are fantastic and I like it.
- Follow inverted pyramid style. Write the important and the most relevant point in the introduction.
- Organize your ideas in a logical pattern.
- Use active voice –
- “We are doing this thing” (Right)
- “This thing is being done” (Wrong)
- Write insights not embellishments.
- Use words that readers are familiar with.
- Avoid multiple-comma sentences.
- Don’t end sentences with prepositions.
- 1 idea, 1 paragraph
- Use bullets, sub-heading and numbers. For complex data use tables.
- Headings and sub-headings must accurately describe the body text.
- Avoid over-using weak verbs.
- Don’t insert keywords for the sake of insertion. Keyword insertion must not disrupt the flow of the article.
- Don’t use 3 words when 1 word will do. For instance, instead of writing this is why, due to the fact that, owing to the fact that write because, since and why.
- Plagiarism (of text, ideas, formatting) is a complete no-no. Don’t simply rephrase the content to avoid plagiarism. You need to come up with unique idea + formatting of the article.
- Once you are done, check the spelling, facts and coherency of the article.
For more guidelines click here