Adobe’s Social Media Intelligence Report for Q1 gives an insight into a number of questions such as -
- When is the best day to get engagement from users?
- Presently on social web what’s driving more engagement? Is it videos, text or images?
- Which social media platform should media, entertainment and B2B high tech sites target to get maximum referrals?
Friday - The D Day On Social Web
According to the report - users comment, like and share posts the most on Fridays.
- 17% of comments occur on Fridays.
- 16% of likes occur on Fridays.
- 16% of shares occur on Fridays.
Sundays turned out to be damp squib. It’s the least likely day to receive any sort of post engagement. It’s important for marketers to know when’s their audience likely to engage with them the most. It helps them create engagement strategies accordingly. Here’s the Facebook brand post impressions and engagement by day -
- Most impressions in Q1 came on a Friday, with 15.7% of all impressions.
- The highest engagement rate with posts occurs on Fridays.
Videos Are The Hottest Items
Users engage mostly when the posts are accompanied with images. Engagement with text posts have declined from 18% ( Q1 2013) to 9% (Q1 2014). But the posts to watch for are the video posts; engagement with video posts is up 25% year-over-year and 58% quarter-over-quarter. The number of videos being watched has also increased - thanks to the recent Facebook changes. Engagement with post links are also up.
Social Referral : Facebook Still Rules
- Facebook produces 75% of traffic to Retail sites, up 2% year-over-year and 13% quarter-over-quarter.
- Pinterest referred traffic to Retail is up 59% year-over-year, but down 56% quarter-over-quarter.
- LinkedIn refers 15% of social traffic to B2B High Tech companies, second only to Facebook, but is down 27% year-over-year.
- Facebook refers 52% of social traffic to B2B High Tech sites, up 34% year-over-year.
The report also mentions that the Facebook ad clicks and impressions are both up.
The report is based on consumer data from Adobe Social, Adobe Media Optimizer, and Adobe Analytics to brand sites during 2013 and 2014.