Instagram is an online photo-sharing, video-sharing and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, apply digital filters to them, and share them on a variety of social networking services, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Flickr. The most social of photo apps isn’t just about sharing artful shots of sunset, it has some brilliant real world uses too. (source: WIKIPEDIA)
Fast Facts on Instagram
Steps to follow while you are in Instagram:
1. Easy to Get Started: Set up account, choose a username and upload a profile pic.
2. Photo Sharing
3. Photo Manipulation
5. Finding People to Follow
Advantages of Instagram:
1. Engaging customers and traffic
2. Promote special events
3. Helps to go viral
4. Visitors to your website
How businesses can explore Instagram:
1. Product Demo
2. Create a living portfolio
3. Build your brand
4. Share your projects and expertise (where you are the best)
5. Interact with the audience with likes and shares
6. Use relevant #hashtags
7. Use Instagram to post images of your brand, products and services that allow your customers to enter deeper into your world. Or even better, allow them to share their own stories (through imagery) and make them feel a part of your world.
8. It’s as if Instagram took Facebook photo-sharing, Twitter’s hashtags and Foursquare location tags and meshed them all into one. Any great story has a great location and Instagram’s geo-tags allow you to share yours.
Instagram in suitable for the businesses like:
1. Fashion, outfits and apparel
2. Foods and Beverages
3. Recipes and thus restaurants and hotels
4. Travel portals
6. News channels
7. Lifestyle products
8. Reputed person
Which companies are using Instagram?
Brands like Billboard, Burberry, CNN, General Electric, Gucci , MTV, Redbull, Pepsi Max, Starbucks , Threadless, Nike, NBA, Adidads, BMW and more using Instagram.