This might be a sneak preview of where Twitter is inching to. Yes. Some of you might have guessed it already. The new Twitter looks pretty Facebookish ( almost an universal reaction) with a bigger profile picture and a wider cover photo.
Announcing the changes in a blog post entitled “Coming soon: a whole new you, in your Twitter profile”, the microblogging site said that tweeting would become fun and easier with the new design. Other main features include:
- Best Tweets: Now, your most popular tweets will appear slightly larger than the rest so your best tweets are under the limelight (you wouldn’t want this if your drunken ramble engaged more people!)
- Pinned Tweet: This feature will let you pin one of your tweets to the top of your page, so that your followers can easily see what you’re up to.
- Filtered Tweets: You can now choose which timeline to view while checking out other profiles. You can select from these options: Tweets, Tweets with photos/videos, or Tweets and replies.
Twitter lets this new look feature only on selected profiles as for today. Here are those with the first dibs:
- Film stars @zacefron and @channingtatum
- French TV host @nikosaliagas
- Australian Football League @AFL
- First Lady Michelle Obama @flotus
- Brazilian singer, guitarist, and songwriter @gilbertogil
- Boxer @FloydMayweather
- TV star @kerrywashington
- Musicians @JohnLegend and band @weezer
New users will start on Twitter with this new look. However, this look will be available to the rest of the tweeples in the coming weeks.