Few things have had such a profound effect on the way home buyers search & realtors sell properties as DIGITAL.
From searching properties online to real estate professionals using social media to market homes, no one could have predicted the way digital has disrupted the real estate market. Let's explore further
Over 90% of real estate firms have websites, and the most common feature on their websites are property listings. (source - www.realtor.org)
Most traffic to real estate websites come from social media -
3. In 2015, 92% of buyers searched for a property online.
5. For real estate businesses, local search matters. 69% of home shoppers who take action on a real estate brand website begin their search with local term, i.e “Houston homes for sale” on a search engine.”Local” search terms and websites are important for buyers.
7. The top activities by new home shoppers on their mobile devices are -
8. 70% of realtors use social media while an additional 8 percent plan to use it down the road, according to the National Association of REALTORS® 2016 Member Profile. 12% even reported using social media to list their properties.
9. Top reasons why realtors use social media -
10. How home buyers use social media? ( source - 2015 California Home Buyers Survey)
11. 98% of home buyers who searched for a home online said photos were among the most useful features of real-estate websites, according to National Association of Realtors. Nearly One in Five Homebuyers Made an Offer Before Seeing Home in Person, according to Redfin. These buyers say technology, like 3D photography and video tours help them make the decision. (source - www.redfin.com
) Survey by propertiesonline also found that real estate buyers like images of the property -
12. Home buyers and sellers are finding agents via internet, according to California Association of Realtors.
13. When it comes to communicating with clients, email is the preferred method. ( source - Propertiesonline.com)