Informative Value of the Page - On page (25%)
Informative value of the page influences approx 25% of the Ranking Factors (The weightage is just an estimate, it keep fluctuating with different Google updates). These are the factors that control the value of a web page.
On-page value (16+ parameters explained): A good % of Ranking Algorithms depends on what is said on the target page (theme for the page). For each keyword we assign a target page. Here is the checklist for the internal pages and homepage. We generally take homepage and a sample of 5 to 10 pages for the checklists.
Other parts of Google ranking factors are
- Off-page value (20%, 3+ points): Next big factor is what is said about the page by other internal pages and other websites (links to the page).
- Onpage Signals - User satisfaction point for the page (10%): How users are reacting to the page. Make users visit more pages on the site, help them stay more time on the site.
- Onsite value: Informative value of the website
- Offsite value: Populairty value of the website as a whole.
There can be various checks on usability and readability of the page content.
- Scan-ability of content.
- Having videos and other tools to involve visitors.
- Call to actions.
- More time visitors spend on website, more pages visited, better for ranking.
- Newsletter, games