Objective of SEO:
- Inquiry generation
More the web pages appear in search result, more there is a chance of the online traffic being converted. Structural SEO is a bold step towards that. There are two types of Onpage SEO.
- Page by Page SEO – For small to medium sized websites (sometimes done for the important pages only)
- Structural SEO – For large websites
Structural SEO is about implementing the SEO changes in a structural format that would follow through the similar cluster of pages and subsequently cover the entire website. Structural formats should follow through the Homepage, Category, sub-category and Product pages which will make a stronger SEO foundation for the site. Structural SEO is suitable for:
- Ecommerce websites
- Enterprise websites
- Big Brands having numerous pages (high chance that no of pages will increase)
- Forum based websites
- Portal type websites like Gaming, Travel, Films etc
- Any website having a cluster of similar pages
- Structural SEO is not implemented manually as it is nearly impossible to implement in all 1000 webpages say.
- Developers help is being taken while implementing the entire process.
- SEO associate will guide developer as how to make changes in the code so that a specific structure gets implemented across a specific segment: Say in all the product pages.
- Once implemented, the title of the product pages would look something like: Product name – sub category – category – Brand/Generic Keyword
- Even if any product page is added later on, the same architecture would get uploaded following the aforesaid structure.
- The idea is that all the pages will follow a particular hierarchical structure.
Benefit of implementing Structural SEO:
- Semantic Details helps Search engine in finding related set of content across the website.
- PR flow increase the page rank of the inner pages even thus help in popping up in search result. The power centre structure permits PR to be distributed in ways that benefit both the long tails and the category level targets.
- More and more pages will appear in the search results (with different combinations of keyphrases) thus having a chance of more conversions.